@artch Precisely this attitude

• Banned

@artch used the middle finger emoji, when he called @cribbit a pedant, and when he gaslit everyone in the thread they were incorrect about the communication being a real issue.

Want to try actually addressing what I said? You need to apologize for your unprofessional behavior.

• Banned

@crazydubc You didn't do anything wrong. You were better behaved than the people being paid to be there lol. Be safe.

• Dev Team

@CrAzYDubC The only person who used an obscene emoji in that thread was @tdxtor. I didn't see anything from you.

@tdxtor I don't really understand what you are trying to prove here, but my point still stands - if you want to discuss, then discuss, but without middle fingers. Trying to turn this around on others doesn't help at all. Everyone who uses offensive language and symbols will be warned and banned, regardless the reasons why they did that.

I'm closing this thread. Please don't create new ones for the same purpose.

• Dev Team

Thread reopened.

• Banned

@artch Thanks, sorry again to hear about your loss.
    Just take a look at all the abuse you give players, the toxicity is astounding. How can anyone expect to play this game when someone who is supposed to act professional treats customers this way? Why isn't the community manager stepping in and putting a stop to the abuse? I'm sure there are cooler heads among the community who would moderate the forums without attacking people personally.

https://screeps.com/forum/topic/1925/future-of-screeps-what-do-the-devs-envision/
    https://screeps.com/forum/topic/3099/game-cpu-generatepixel-change/

Even a quick search of the forums reveals literal hundreds of results of @artch getting heated at customers, usually explicitly ego related:

"So now you're comparing competency of project developers who worked on it for 5 years, and a person who started playing it a month ago."
    "Really, did I say that somewhere?"
    "Oh come on, you can't be serious."
    "I didn't want to start this argument here, but you're so wrong."

And here's a little nugget of advice past you has left for present day you @artch
    "You might probably have noticed already that 95% of fights and friction on this forum have happened with your participation. Don't you think it may indicate that something is wrong with your way of expressing your ideas rather than our way of listening to them? ... And if someone disagrees with you, he is simply mistaken and incompetent?"

🤡👎🤦

• I have to admit I have felt intimidated by this forum's moderation and felt like moderators sometimes take comments about the game a bit too much like personal attacks instead of healthy discussion about what is best for the game.

That being said, the main reason why I have not said anything is because I love this game so much and I'm VERY grateful for the game development team and @artch for having created it. I can appreciate the ungodly amount of work that must have been put on it and can see why someone would get annoyed when confronted. So as much as I can see things in the game and on the moderation that could be improved but I really don't want the development team to get burned out with petty details.

So yeah, my take on it is thanks Screeps Development team.

👍

• Banned

@zortea I would wager there are plenty of members of the community who would be willing to moderate the forums for free. That could help if the problem is devs just being spread too thin, plus many members of the community seem like really nice people and would likely handle problems with a level head.

• @tdxtor I think you should be grateful that the development team engages with us at all. If you want an unmoderated discussion you can always go to the Reddit Screeps community. This is the official Screeps forum, it has their name on it, they are liable for anything that happens here. Any game developer will take moderation very seriously in their official forum.

👂👍

• Banned

@zortea Fun fact, @artch is a moderator over there too, and community moderated is not the same as unmoderated. The screeps subreddit is where I was first introduced to the screeps community (outside of in-game messages with neighbors). The subreddit may have spoiled me since everyone over there is so nice all the time and I guess @artch is less active (until he reads this lol) with only about one post a month.

It's hard to feel grateful for interaction from the devs when all we seem to get is abusive language and churlishness. If we want the community to grow, we need the forums here to feel more like the subreddit: a place where people are welcome to talk without being abused just because the devs are overworked. Community moderation I think would be a good thing, and what we have now I feel like is worse than nothing.

👍

• Ok, so listen, you seem to be fighting for an apology, not for yourself, but for some other people. The thing is, most if not all of those people said they don't want an apology and your crusade is really annoying to most of us to the point where it does more harm than good. It doesn't look like it's going to turn around any time soon, too.

Please stop.

👍💯

• Banned

@rhef Ya at this point after searching the forums and seeing that so many people have complained about @artch already, I'm just going to leave this here for the next person who tries to take @artch to task for abusive behavior. It seems like plenty of people complain about it already, so it's not like the community doesn't know about the problem. @artch already said it best in that other thread I linked and hopefully, someday this game will get a level-headed moderator.

I am confused why if screeps has a community manager and @artch isn't that person why @artch hasn't been dealt with by the community manager yet. At this point, this thread has evolved into just a discussion about what can be done to improve the player experience in screeps by taking advantage of the dedicated community it has built.

• Dev Team

@zortea said in @artch Precisely this attitude:

moderators sometimes take comments about the game a bit too much like personal attacks instead of healthy discussion about what is best for the game

It's funny to read this in a thread full of personal attacks by someone who got offended by a warning for using obscene symbols. 😉

• Banned

Shhh... the adults are having a conversation.

🔨👎

• Dev Team

@tdxtor OK, I warned you about offensive language, and you've crossed the line now. Congrats, you're now officially the first user I've banned on this forum in 2020 (such a toxic moderator!)

10 days.

UPD: I've checked this message edits history () and decided we don't want such people on our forum at all. Permaban.

👍

• @artch Ban his account from screeps all together. We don't want him there either!

• And hear me out. A screeps ban should come in the form of a nuke with a timer of 100 ticks suddenly appears on every spawn they own every 100 ticks.

💥

• @crazydubc post ^ on feature suggestions. Or we can always do a community-driven initiative, purge-the-outskirts style.

• @artch Not sure I understand your response. Are you saying that you should be held to the same standard as the other people in the forum? Not trolling, honest question.

• Culture

@zortea considering how far you have to go to get banned from this forum- basically alienating and annoying the entire community- I would say that the standard isn't really that high. You basically have to try to get banned from here.

☝

• @tedivm Oh yeah, I'm not disagreeing with the ban at all, tdxtor was just trolling. But I do feel like genuine questions and concerns are sometimes met with quite a bit of hostility and I wish that was not the case. Most people that bother to post here are doing so because of how much they like the game, it shouldn't be taken like an attack.