Shard Request: Reduce TTL Penalties

• Culture

I like the idea of the TTL dropping when crossing shards, but after running the math and experimenting a bit I think it should be reduced a bit.

• 600 ticks for creeps without CLAIM parts (from 800);
    • 150 ticks for creeps with CLAIM parts (from 200).

• CoPS

As-is a creep going through a portal to another claimable room can be expected to lose around an average of 150ticks (75 to get to portal, 75 to get out), assuming the owner has a room adjacent to a SK room, and assuming their target is likewise adjacent.

This gives the creep 300TTL spare.

As-is a creep going through a shard-portal expects to lose an average of 100? ticks to go though and be at a claimable room, less 200 for the portal cost, giving 200TTL spare.

I don't see an issue with taking the middle and making claim decrement by 150 only.

As for non-claim creeps... I worry that 600 is too low - it gives quite a wide range for the magical 750TTL while attacking point.

• Culture

> As for non-claim creeps... I worry that 600 is too low - it gives quite a wide range for the magical 750TTL while attacking point.

I didn't think the limit was meant to stop combat between shards, but was meant to add a cost to compensate for the tick time differences and to prevent shard portals from being exploited for rapid travel.

• I agree with a penalty for shard travel.

I do not think it should apply to CLAIM creeps at all. If portals are 10 rooms apart then it will be impossible to use them to quickly move CLAIM creeps in the first place. The mechanics of moving to a highway and back are bad enough as kotarou says.

For power creeps perhaps they pay this penalty in wall time? That is, a power creep that wishes to move between shards should be unavailable for play for 1500 ticks.

• Culture

K_C, the portals aren't 10 rooms apart. On shard1 there are often four portals in a single room. Without the claimer penalty I would be able use that to transport my claimer around on shard0. So I don't disagree with the penalty, I just want it reduced.

• Good idea.

• Everyone seems to see the issue with back and forth travel, rather than imply it shouldn't be done by a TTL penalty why not just go direct and put a property on creeps 'sharded' that tracks if a creep has traveled and only allow non sharded creeps to travel through shard portals.

• SUN

My understanding is this is to prevent the ability to go through 2 portals and thus be able to cross long distances on shard 0; so it has to divide the TTL by 2 or so