IG Server Time

• YP

I would like to see a "Server Time" being displayed in the screeps window. This would make it a lot easier to communicate specific timeframes and deadlines across multiple timezones. 

It could be quite easily added to the right panel that we always see. And shouldn't take too much effort by the devs. 

In one of the channels I suggested it in, there was a bit of debate about using the current tick as the servertime, but the winning argument against that was that, that would still require people to accurately convert a specific time to a tick, without any knowledge about tickrates, server crashes, etc. 

The idea and functionality was perhaps introduced and most used in the MMO Eve-Online. Over time it became the universal time and date, for any agreements made within the game. And even the dev team started to use server time as their base, for when the next patch would arrive and so on, making it a complete solution.

Best Regards,
    [YP-YOI] Yilmas

• Culture

I agree, adding server time would be amazing (even just displaying current time in UTC would suffice)

• Culture

Next to the in game server time, it might be a good idea to display the current tick number as well.

• YP

does anyone remember the swatch internet time? 

• Culture

Screw it, I built an app to do this. We'll have to agree on a "time factor" before pushing this live if we all want to use it.

https://github.com/tedivm/screeps-clock