Make the world continuous from the market P.O.V.

• SUN

I'd like that the distance computation between two rooms when computing the energy cost for a transaction on the market be continuous on the edges of the map.
    That mean that the top of the map is considered close to the bottom. And  the left edge considered close to the right edge.

Assuming
    * room1, room2: the room positions (in continuous world space)
    * W = world width (now 120)
    * H = world height (now 120

The distance is ATM computed like this :
    dx = abs(room1.x - room2.x)
    dy = abs(room1.x - room2.x)

distance = Max( dx, dy)

Proposal is:
    distance = Max ( min(dx, W-dx), min (dy, H-dy))

The main effect of this change is that every player regardless of where they spawned the first time will have access to a similar amount of rooms (with a logarithmic fee cost).
    At the moment the world is a square of 120x120.
    If you are on the center the biggest energy fee you pay is for a distance of 60. If you are on a corner or an edge it is 120.

Assuming that it is not economically viable to trade up to a distance of 50.
    (this value is arbitrary, you could make it bigger it doesn't change the principle).

If you are on the center you have access to 100 * 100 rooms = 10000.
    If you are on the corner you have access to 50 * 50 = 2500.

This will not change the intended regional effect of trading, as it will stay beneficial to trade with your close neighbors due to the logarithmic cost of the energy fee.
    Hell, you could even increase the fee to recenter the markets to smaller regions if you think they are too broad 😄

Errata:
    Players at the center of the map will keep a competitive advantage because they have access to more developed players and markets and don't have in their radius inaccessible block rooms. (block which already exist on the edge of the map but are not accessible yet to spawn into). 
    Which is a fair advantage imho, it is good to keep the center more desirable, but not to extents it is now.

• Small side note... If this is done, there should be NPC market orders added to the edge of the map. Currently those highways are skipped, I think.

• SUN

For clarity, here is a picture of how the "range" would pan out.
    (dark squares are rooms that execute deals)
    All the rooms at energy transfer range <=3 are colored.
    With 3 scenario, center (red), edge center(blue) and corners (green).
    Consider that at the moment, the corner player only has "access" to the upper left green square.
    and the edge player to the upper blue rectangle.
    While the red players has access to the whole center square.

• An excellent idea imho. The market certainly needs more activity.

• Culture

I like this idea! I think it's a good way to distribute the market more. The market feels to slow currently.

• Dev Team

Thank you for a well-presented feature request. It is implemented in the today's changelog.

• SUN

You rocks !
    Thank you !