PTR Changelog 2016-10-10

• Dev Team

This post describes changes on the Public Test Realm. The estimated launch date is October 13.

• Mineral regeneration mechanics are changed. Mineral regeneration amount is no longer random, but rather depends on a new property called Mineral.density:
      • DENSITY_LOW: 15K amount (5% of all deposits)
      • DENSITY_MODERATE: 35K amount (45% of all deposits)
      • DENSITY_HIGH: 70K amount (45% of all deposits)
      • DENSITY_ULTRA: 100K amount (5% of all deposits).
        It gives the same average value as before this change, but now it is predictable and creates some variety between rooms.
    • In most cases, density is not changed between regenerations. However, there is a 10% chance that it will be changed to a random new density on the next regeneration cycle.
    • Mineral deposits density is visually observable on the world map using the corresponding display option.

All deposits on the PTR has been assigned with a random density using the probability chances above. However, take note that this layout is temporary and will be regenerated again when this change is deployed to the main world.

Tell us what do you think about these upcoming changes in the comments below!

• Culture

• In most cases, density is not changed between regenerations. However, there is a 5% chance that it will be changed to a random new density on the next regeneration cycle.

Amazing, Thanks for adding this part. Else we would have to switch again from rooms.

As a side note, currently there is an enormous deficit in H an O, I think it's advisable to boost H and O with about ~20%. this way there will be less of a deficit. 

• Dev Team

As a side note, currently there is an enormous deficit in H an O, I think it’s advisable to boost H and O with about ~20%. this way there will be less of a deficit.

There are a lot of unowned H/O rooms, this is only a matter of time when players will shift their priorities a bit towards these.

• Culture

Fair enough.

Do you think it would be a good idea to switch minerals types as well?

I was specialized so I had the right ratio's before the last patch. To not be at a disadvantage due to this shift it would be cool if minerals would switch mineralTypes.

Just a general idea.

• Dev Team

It would bring a bit of chaos and uncertainty to player strategies, I think we should avoid such things.

• Culture

With the density changes, I think it should be wise to change the chance of switching based on density levels.

DENSITY_LOW:      15K amount ( 5% of all deposits) - 90% chance to switch
    DENSITY_MODERATE: 35K amount (45% of all deposits) - 10% chance to switch
    DENSITY_HIGH: 70K amount (45% of all deposits) - 10% chance to switch
    DENSITY_ULTRA: 100K amount ( 5% of all deposits) - 90% chance to switch

This way DENSITY_ULTRA and DENSITY_LOW will be less avoided or wanted.

• Are u considering adding an"escape" trigger from the LOW/ULTRA options as at 10% chance ur mineral may never switch, so something like "after 5 renews at LOW/ULTRA chance to switch to another density is 80%"

• though i actually like the all 10% and the chance for you to lose 1 or 2 minerals for a given duration. It'll create the need to use the marker meanwhile and stock minerals/credits if you hit the ULTRA density deposit

• Dev Team

With the density changes, I think it should be wise to change the chance of switching based on density levels.

Well, I think it is reasonable to make LOW and ULTRA switch chance 100% even, so that they are guaranteed to be just a one-time surprise.

• Culture

That sounds reasonable! 

• Interesting changes! +1 for different chances (10-90 or smth) for density changing.

Some thoughts: doesn't it sound like reserve for future density extending possibility with Power Creeps?

• Dev Team

reserve for future density extending possibility with Power Creeps?

Yes, it is what we have in mind also.

• Culture

Please don't make power creeps do everything.I'd love to see some other things for power creeps.

To not get off-track, can we get a thread going with the "global" ideas of what a power creep is going to affect (creeps, sources, buildings, minerals, boosts). Maybe the community can come up with some unique power-creepabilities.

• Dev Team

Sure, right after the standalone server is released.