Workers running stale code

• Culture

Using the grunt method I apply a version number to all of my scripts (just a timestamp). Since the shard launch I've noticed that my code will sometimes oscillate between a new version and the previous version- it appears that not all workers are getting the most up to date code when it's pushed to the server. Running another upload tends to resolve this.

• Dev Team

Hey Tedivm,

I will notify the developers asap! It might explain some weirdness I've seen with my own code.

• I've noticed the same thing when using both the web and Steam interfaces.  Pushing via grunt seems to be the most effective method for achieving consistency.

• Culture

I only use grunt and this issue is definitely impacting me hard. The only thing that clears it up are the global reset storms.

• Dev Team

Are you still observing this behavior?

• Culture

No but I haven't uploaded code in at least a week, so if it was still happening I wouldn't see it. I probably won't be able to test again until this weekend.

This definitely happens all the time with the private server though. It does not handle uploading large code bases well at all.