Unable to login/activate to PTR

• Re: Unable to login/active to PTR.

Feb, 1st 2019 - As of 4:40pm I'm still unable to activate my account on the PTR 😢

I have active screeps currently working away, GCL2 on Shard3... Do I need to have an active subscription on one of the other Shards? I've seen others having this problem - however previous answers do not make the reality clear

Do you need screeps active, on the official server, on a paid subscription shard?

I suspect this must be the case, as I've been on Shard3 long enough now to achieve GCL2.

Confirmation of this being the case, or a solution to the login problem would be fantastic!

Also - while covering this topic in a forum post......For this who do not get access to the PTR(Possibly Shard3) ---- What would be recommended to help simulate a multi-room envrionment? I'm considering searching through the mods available for the local server - maybe setting costs low, tick timing as fast as possible, etc etc. However, running the local-server for extended periods of time is a pest. I hope to find that we of Shard3 can infact access the PTR.

Thanks, Famos AmOs

• Dev Team

@famos Hello, are you trying to log in to the PTR using login/password pair, or via steam authentication?

• I am having the same Problem. If I attempt to log in using my steam account, I am taken to a blank page showing only the word "unauthorized". If I attempt the email&password combination set in my account to log directly in on screeps.com, I get told my account credentials are invalid.

Same results both on the activate page for access as well as the ptr itself.

I have a subscription, and I can log into the normal game just fine using both methods.

• Side note about this I logged into the main site through Github and got into the PTR just fine so maybe there's something wrong with the types of logins?