issue with redis after mongodb installation

• hello everyone

i did new installation of screeps server, this time iam trying to make it in docker, and i would like to have there the MongoDB mod.

issue is, when i connect to the server, the Console is showing this, i also see it in engine_processor.log file:

*Error processing room W1N1: ReplyError: WRONGTYPE Operation against a key holding the wrong kind of value at parseError (/home/screeps/node_modules/redis-parser/lib/parser.js:193:12) at parseType (/home/screeps/node_modules/redis-parser/lib/parser.js:303:14)

Unhandled rejection: ReplyError: WRONGTYPE Operation against a key holding the wrong kind of value at parseError (/home/screeps/node_modules/redis-parser/lib/parser.js:193:12) at parseType (/home/screeps/node_modules/redis-parser/lib/parser.js:303:14)*

rest of the logs doesnt show anything obvious

i installed nodejs, i also installed redis, mongodb, then via NPM i installed screeps itself and iam did init and start via npx. I tried to use the command to migrate the DB in screeps cli, and also tried to reset the data, but didnt help.

i am using latest debian9 image

screeps@screeps:~$ nodejs --version

v8.12.0

screeps@screeps:~$ npm --version

screeps@screeps:~$ npx --version

screeps@screeps:~$ npm v screeps

screeps@3.1.7 | ISC | deps: 7 | versions: 84 A standalone server for programming game Screeps https://github.com/screeps/screeps#readme

bin: screeps

dist .tarball: https://registry.npmjs.org/screeps/-/screeps-3.1.7.tgz .shasum: 96c0604b22026fe4cbd4d7f4a6d69da98821d25e .integrity: sha512-gNttw424FunzyiM5s9mbla1CfIn9LOixGdVcIL7heDCsHe7J1/7OIzEF8xuy5jw6TL03yBXMCDeCASk+ka8lcw== .unpackedSize: 277.7 kB

dependencies: @screeps/backend: 2.5.1 @screeps/driver: 4.1.0 @screeps/launcher: 3.1.1 @screeps/storage: 4.0.0
    @screeps/common: 2.8.0 @screeps/engine: 3.1.5 @screeps/pathfinding: 0.4.16

maintainers:

dist-tags: beta: 3.0.0-beta.12 latest: 3.1.7 ptr: 3.2.0-beta.4

published 3 weeks ago by screeps artch@screeps.com

screeps@screeps:~$ ps -ef | sed 's/ */ /g' | cut -d" " -f8- CMD /bin/bash -x /start.sh /usr/sbin/sshd /usr/bin/redis-server 127.0.0.1:6379 /usr/bin/mongod --config /etc/mongodb.conf su - screeps -c npx screeps start node /usr/bin/npx screeps start /usr/bin/node /home/screeps/.npm/_npx/90/lib/node_modules/screeps/node_modules/@screeps/storage/bin/start.js /usr/bin/node /home/screeps/.npm/_npx/90/lib/node_modules/screeps/node_modules/@screeps/backend/bin/start.js /usr/bin/node /home/screeps/.npm/_npx/90/lib/node_modules/screeps/node_modules/@screeps/engine/dist/main.js /usr/bin/node /home/screeps/.npm/_npx/90/lib/node_modules/screeps/node_modules/@screeps/engine/dist/runner.js /usr/bin/node /home/screeps/.npm/_npx/90/lib/node_modules/screeps/node_modules/@screeps/engine/dist/processor.js /usr/bin/node /home/screeps/.npm/_npx/90/lib/node_modules/screeps/node_modules/@screeps/engine/dist/processor.js sshd: screeps [priv] sshd: screeps@pts/0

screeps@screeps:~$ cat .screepsrc | tail

[mongo] host = 127.0.0.1

[redis] host = 127.0.0.1

screeps@screeps:~$ cat package.json { "name": "my-screeps-world", "version": "0.0.1", "private": true, "dependencies": { "screepsmod-mongo": "^2.3.5" } } screeps@screeps:~$ cat mods.json
    { "mods": [ "node_modules/screepsmod-mongo/index.js" ], "bots": { "simplebot": "node_modules/@screeps/simplebot/src" } }

• Dev Team

screepsmod-mongo is not an official project and maintained by community, you should contact them to get help.

@ags131

• That is not args131 mod, his works fine. That is the one found in the workshop and it is broken.
    Here is args131 github link: https://github.com/ScreepsMods/screepsmod-mongo
    That is the broken workshop mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527945449

• YP

@mrfaul said in issue with redis after mongodb installation:

That is not args131 mod, his works fine. That is the one found in the workshop and it is broken.
    Here it the github link: https://github.com/ScreepsMods/screepsmod-mongo

have you checked who is the one commiting stuff in the repo you just posted ?

• @w4rl0ck yeah sry confusing word choice, I corrected it...

• Dev Team

@mrfaul These are the same mods. Steam Workshop pulls everything from npm.

• @artch trust me, they are not...
    Try it if you don't believe me.

• Dev Team

0_1542111871188_screeps_server_2018-11-13_15-23-57.png

Look, Workshop pulls version 2.3.5 from npm. It's the latest version. That means it is identical to npm install screepsmod-mongo@2.3.5. Your issue has nothing to do with mod installation, but happens somewhere in your environment.

• @artch compare the files the npm variant loads an entire unnecessary node modules folder which overwrites stuff and crashes...
    But yes it is not the workshop then it is the npm packet... which is even worse....

• @artch as you said, somethign wrong done by me, i did reinstallation from scratch and i dont see this issue anymore

thanks much