PvP balancing: Reduce maxHits on walls/ramparts, controller downgrade time

• Dev Team

@tedivm said in PvP balancing: Reduce maxHits on walls/ramparts, controller downgrade time:

However, this can be stacked with multiple creeps. Putting three creeps on it would allow the current method to have twice as high a max.

New mechanic can be stacked with multiple creeps as well, they need to attack at the same tick.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. If a controller has downgraded a single tick, does this mean the next upgradeController action wouldn't count?

It would count, the progress will be added, but without levelling up. That is, it can be {level: 2, progress: 45001, progressTotal: 45000}, and on the next tick {level: 3, progress: 2, progressTotal: 135000}.

Will boosts affect this in any way? Personally I think it should.

No it won't. 100 ticks is a constant, it is not per body part.

I think this should be delayed for a month before it's pushed to the production servers- you have a lot of people who play this game and go to burning man, and those people are not going to see any updates for about two weeks.

What are the dates of Burning Man this year? We plan to launch it on the PTR on the next week and release in production in 3 weeks after that, along with the shards API.

• Culture

@artch if you launched it next week and put it in production three weeks later (for a total of about four weeks) it should be fine. People won't be getting back from the burn until September 5th, so they won't see this announcement until after that.