Only allow 1 order per resource per room on the market

• This screen cap (from the Shard2 market ui) shows 9 different orders, but they are all selling the same 675 H. This basically means that if you look at any single-component resource on Shard 2, all you see is this one guy's market order for a small amount of that resource.

I think the tools to modify market orders are sufficient, and using a small amount of resource to completely dominate the user interface is kind of annoying.

But I can see the other side of it too: the user gets 50 market orders, and if they want to put the same 675 H up for sale 50 times, and pay the listing fee, maybe it's better to not restrict the players.

0_1521221314471_4bb4041c-1b63-4607-9f4b-4571ebf8d774-image.png

• This is only visually appalling for humans, and really doesn't pose any problems at all.
    He is the cheapest, so his orders are first.
    So I don't see a reason why there should be a change necessary.

• I would honestly be fine if I could filter on amount in the ui (rather than just sort).

• A limit on one order per resource type per room would also be a performance benefit. Every time you request H orders you have to parse all the info for these orders.

👍

• This would probably be a good check against a bug in someone's code that makes several hundred orders. I've heard of a few of those.

• I actually don't understand what the problem is.

Why is this a problem?

What if it were 50 people with one order each cluttering the same interface? Would it still be a problem? How would it be different?

Only the top 1-5 of these are ever relevant anyways, in my experience.

Any automation needs to build "the wall" aggregating these orders (over some window) anyways, regardless of who they are from.

• @black0441 said in Only allow 1 order per resource per room on the market:

I would honestly be fine if I could filter on amount in the ui (rather than just sort).

The UI needs work, this users poor code is punished by the market order cap.

• AYCE

Just wanted to add that if such a limit is added, it has to be at least two orders per resource type. It should be perfectly viable to have both a sell-order and buy-order.

That said, I do not think this is a problem.