Storage change

• Storages are crucial to most operations: without a storage, you have no way to store energy outside of your spawn, severely limiting your options. Yes, you can technically use a container, but in addition to being less supported by the API, the container has a far lower capacity than what is needed.

To fix this, players should unlock access to the storage at RCL2, and its construction cost should be reduced to 5000. However, to balance this, the storage's capacity should be based on level:

1. N/A
    2. 25000
    3. 50000
    4. 100000
    5. 250000
    6. 500000
    7. 1000000
    8. 1000000

• YP

It's very unlikely that changes are implemented that will break existing user code... and this will most likely do. Also I guess it's intentional that you don't have access to storage before rcl4 🙂

however it's not really a problem.. if you later send big workers to create and upgrade new rooms you can reach RCL4 in a few hours and you can build the storage even before you build the spawn in that room. until then I just drop energy on one stack in the room... you will loose some because of decay but that's not really an issue.

• Having access to an efficient container at RCL2 is a huge balance change that also reduces some challenge of playing at 10 CPU.

• I'd like to see more things like this. I'm still a n00b but I think the game could be more competitive and interactive if the basic stuff was more simple. Having to litter rooms with extensions is another thing I'd like to see removed. Maybe allow 3 x links earlier on. Have everything available initially and then upgrade the individual items as you go along. Links might have a longer cool down at lower levels, towers might have a lower energy cap etc. We could all focus on actual strategy and competition instead of "singleplayer" in an MMO world.

• YP

Stuff is already easy later.. once you have a few rooms a new room will be level 6 in 2-3 days.

• I think storages are fine the way they are now. I know this is just my opinion but, when I started 3 - 4 months ago, unlocking new types of structure at each RCL made the progression feel balanced.

I'm not sure what you mean with containers being less supported by the AI, but I've never had a problem using them as makeshift storages to hold mined energy. The API for storages and containers is almost identical, except containers arn't accessible directly from the room object because you can have more than one.

Making more structures available at lower RCL will just remove (or severely nerf) the sense of progression that Screeps currently has.

• int_max

When new players join it's nice for them to not have 5 things to code for at the start, when you get bigger/more experienced you find ways to speed up your progress.