Up the construction site cap

• 100 seems low all things considered. I can't imagine these are very intensive on the server (compared to one of the swarm concept AI's), and they can be trampled by a single 1 move part creep so they're much easier to "clean up" compared to a zombie room with absurd ramparts.

• I feel like it would make more sense as a per-room limit anyways. Like 5 or whatever sites per room.

• Small limits would hurt new players. You don't want to force the choice between babysitting your road building and automating it very early.

50 + 5*GCL would work.

• @tigga said in Up the construction site cap:

Small limits would hurt new players. You don't want to force the choice between babysitting your road building and automating it very early.

50 + 5*GCL would work.

Your idea and statement contradict themselves... this makes a smaller limit specifically targeting new players?

• @shibdib said in Up the construction site cap:

@tigga said in Up the construction site cap:

Small limits would hurt new players. You don't want to force the choice between babysitting your road building and automating it very early.

50 + 5*GCL would work.

Your idea and statement contradict themselves... this makes a smaller limit specifically targeting new players?

Not as small as 5 per room though...

• The limit feels just fine imho.

It's enough to have multiple construction sites in multiple rooms and some sort of limit should still be there...

As for the makes it harder for new players argument to have less possible construction sites, allowing an unlimited set leads to other problems, what to build first etc is the main one, but I can just imagine multiple rooms with 30 half built roads etc...

☝

• I rarely place ctors by hand anymore. Once you have a system to place ctors automatically the 100 limit is fine. I limit my auto placed ctors to 5 per room and 50 total and I've never felt that limiting me.

Early on 100 would sometimes limit me if I had a few rooms where I was laying out walls. But that is part of the reason I build an auto constructor. My idea was to have it delete ctors if there were more than 10 but remember their location so they could be added back later.

• One idea I used some time ago (originally to let me schedule building for after I reached a new RCL) was flags. I would place a flag designating the location and type of construction site, then my code would automatically set up construction sites whenever it could. This could also be used to overcome the construction site cap.