Forcibly de-spawn eliminated players

• When a player has been completely wiped out, such that they can't recover without respawning, they should be forcibly de-spawned. Leaving their room(s) un-claimable until they choose to click Respawn is moderately exploitable in terms of choosing how long to sit idle, to annoy the attacker and/or release the room at the right time for an ally to claim it.

• Culture

This allows friendly players to rebuild the wiped out player's spawns, if they can.

• Thanks. I wasn't aware it was possible to build another player's construction sites. Someone on Slack filled me in after I posted this.

• I still agree with this one in the context of newbie zones, although this has been adjusted quite a lot by the modified timers for controller decay, so it's not as big of an issue as it once was.

Outside of newbie zones, I completely understand and agree with the longer timers for control decay since it is actually a very real possibility that alliances could help recover a fallen comrade.

All of this has been debated before in other threads.

• Opposite solution: Make controllers continue to decay normally even when the person chooses to respawn. This would take away to silly control that an eliminated player has over the fate of their old room(s).

• Another  thing to consider, if I defeat a player with a large mineral reserve, I should be able to cart that off. If he respawns, I lose my "prize".

As it is though, changing mechanics could cause issues. One possible solution is that after a respawn, all your structures remain so long as your rooms aren't empty (like how you can't destroy a structure with hostiles in the room).

If we let controllers downgrade normally, then we'll see a large number of people abusing that and preventing others from remote mining in that room.