Suggestion: Use of commodities

• Right now, commodities act as only a source of credit, and adds a lot of inflation into the game. I suggest that there should be some way to use commodities. For example, permanently upgrading power creeps.

For example, Machine permanently increases PC's hit points; Organism permanently increases PC's maximum ticks to live; Device permanently increases PC's carry capacity; Essence permanently increases PC's maximum level. Cost to upgrade each time increases exponentially for each previous upgrade the power creep has received.

In this way, players can use commodities in some way, that reduces the amount of credit added to the game, increases trading between players as they want resources in another sector, and also promotes combat in the center of the world, if players want to produce all the upgrades himself.

• Being commodities is their whole purpose besides the idea of encouraging trade between quadrants,
    it will be interesting to see if any action is needed once the planned acc resources drop.
    One of their main goals is to take out credits or rather give a reserve currency.

• I personally don't like the idea of perma upgrading PowerCreeps. That way gives too much power to older established players. Even an exponential cost only balances so much when players have vastly different timescales to apply the boosts.

I wouldn't be opposed to a temporary upgrade (even it it last for day or more at time to make it worth the high expense).

• @deft-code said in Suggestion: Use of commodities:

I personally don't like the idea of perma upgrading PowerCreeps. That way gives too much power to older established players. Even an exponential cost only balances so much when players have vastly different timescales to apply the boosts.

I wouldn't be opposed to a temporary upgrade (even it it last for day or more at time to make it worth the high expense).

Right now GPL and GCL are already permanent stats with exponential cost which give advantage to older established players. If the permanent upgrade only applies to a single power creep, it is actually not a big deal. A power creep with 1000 more hp and carry capacity is not more powerful than 1 more power creep with maximum level.

• I am saying that I don't think the Game needs another GCL/GPL like reward for long term players. I don't have a strong aversion, I just think the balance would be better suited by high level consumables rather than high level upgrades.

A compromise that might be cool would be Commodity powered boosts for PowerCreeps that only last until they respawn.

Now the boost "can" be permanent if you're careful, but can still be lost making them more precious to the player.

Then the power creep kinda takes the role of an EveOnline capitol ship (or whatever they're called) that cost years worth of credits to build and are super impressive, but can still be lost.

• @deft-code said in Suggestion: Use of commodities:

A compromise that might be cool would be Commodity powered boosts for PowerCreeps that only last until they respawn.

Now the boost "can" be permanent if you're careful, but can still be lost making them more precious to the player.

That is a great idea