Shards: Ability to send credits to players on other shards

• Culture

Right now we send credits to people by abusing the market and making really high cost energy orders. Since the market will not work across shards it means that there is currently no way to do direct transfers to players across shards.

Even if it only exists in the UI to start I think there should be an ability to send credits to other individuals.

• I think isolating the shards to a certain extent is good.

If you want to send credits to a player not in your shard you have 2 options:
    1. Get yourself a terminal in the player's shard so you can be part of his market
    2. Transfer credits to a player who has terminals in both your shards

It opens up the possibility for brokerage services. Someone will definitely get cheated at one point and start a trade war. I can already see Bovius the Nomad living in all shards simultaneously and moving massive amounts of credits. Then one day he takes it all.

• Culture

The admins in the past said they would give us the ability to transfer credits, but it seemed like a lower priority probably due to there being a work around. Now that the work around is not working I think they should add this in as a higher priority on their roadmap.

• I do remember that, and you make a fair point. Sharding should bump up the priority of that feature.

I was just imagining that there might be interesting game play side-effects from keeping the situation low level.