Dev update 2018-09-05
We have another update here to shed light on what's going on inside dev team.
Here are the things that are close to being ready:
- Room events log – should be included to the nearest update without significant changes
- Tunnels – should be included to the nearest update with some comparing to PTR, namely canceling ability to build ramparts in walls (because tunnels will have enough own hits) and making in-wall objects (energy sources, mineral deposits, controllers, keeper lairs) obstacles so you can't build a road (tunnel) where these objects are. We also performed some calculations and discovered that x100 multiplier makes tunnels too cheap for possible use scenarios, we'll start with x150 (45k to build, degrade 15k/1000t, 750k hits)
- Various optimizations, improvements, and fixes – we're still thinking and discussing alternatives for proposed recycle nerf
We expect to release the update in 10-15 days unless something unexcepted happens.
Few words about other activities:
- New game interfaces are being finished. It's hard to say if we can deliver them in the next update (probably not).
- We did small progress on Power Creeps so they will not be included into the next update
- Same to persistent objects: they're still in progress and they will not be ready before the next update.
- New map view is in progress (early stages so it will not be ready soon)
- NPC strongholds: some progress was made, we expect to make a significant progress this month
- Working on the team: we're still integrating our new team members into the team. The time and efforts that are being invested now will improve our performance in the nearest future.