Rampart with 1 hit point absorbs any single attack

• When I have a rampart with 1 hit point and a structure on the same tile, attacking the structure will deal the full amount of damage to the rampart, and no damage to the structure.

Is this intentional? I would have expected the extra damage to be dealt to the structure instead of being absorbed.

Essentially, this means that I invest 1 energy to build an extra "shield" that absorbs one hit with 30 to several hundred points of damage (depending on attacker body and boosts). This is very, very cheap, and players finding out about this will probably add such a 1-hitpoint-rampart to each and every structure (towers, spawns, extensions, ...). This may not be cheating, but it's so non-obvious that I consider it bad game design.

• I'm not sure your propsed "exploit" is really feasible. Ramparts decay pretty quick nad it's a tiny cost to make a 1k HP rampart instead which much more surviability

I think the only way this implementation could be used in practise would be reducing damage to an unrampated structure by popping a rampart back up every other tick. IMO this is a small annoyance at worst, and unlikely to change the outcome of any battles.

• Culture

It sounds feasible to me. -

1. Enemy attacks Spawn2, destroying it's last rampart and causing no direct damage.

2. Defender adds construction site. Enemy continues attack and removes hitpoints from Spawn2.

3. Defender creep "builds" rampart to one hitpoint, but rampart doesn't appear until next level. Enemy removes hitpoints from Spawn2.

4. goto1

So it looks to me like this *may* be able to reduce damage by one third (one out of three ticks), and is feasible with a 1M1C1W creep at a cost of one energy every three ticks. It also can't be directly countered by the Enemy as they can't walk on the construction site if it's over a building.

• Very feasible. 33% reduction in damage on any allied structure or creep. I've tested this in the past myself. At one point I thought I found a way to do this every other tick for 50% reduced damage but can't seem to reproduce that 😕

Demonstration: https://youtu.be/vINNmsL4m18

Note that the hits of the terminal in the video stay the same every 3rd tick even though it is attacked every tick.

• Culture

This isn't feasible. tedivm, you forgot the tick it takes to withdraw the energy to build the rampart, which would/should also be the same tick that the creep is killed by the attackers.

And in most other situations the attackers should just kill the creep or walk on the construction site, destroying it. So yes, while it's possible to do this, it's not a situation one should have to worry about.

• Culture

You can't walk on construction sites if those sites are on top of buildings, whcih is what we're talking about here. Creeps can also withdraw energy on the same tick that they're doing other things, and they'd only need to grab energy one out of every 150ish ticks.

That being said yeah, killing the creep would deal with it.

• Culture

True, but what I'm saying is that this shouldn't happen in situations except for when a brand new creep is spawned, otherwise the person could just step on the site or kill the creep if the site's below another structure.

You can withdraw on the same tick yeah, but you can't use energy that you're withdrawing in the same tick, such as for building. You must wait until the next tick, simply because they game isn't sure the energy you're withdrawing will actually be withdrawn.