Exceeding CPU limit without creeps

• I've stopped trying to do anything with my scripts after the last update, when my small colony of ~20 creeps started to exceed CPU limit. They've all died recently, but the game still notifies me about exceeding CPU limit, even without calling the 'expensive' path-finding code. So it's basically just unplayable for me now.
    Will this problem be addressed? Will the path-finding code be optimized? It's really frustrating, when instead of thinking of smart strategies you have to optimize javascript.

• Agreed, the cpu spikes are quite debilitating. It seems that there is some issue tracking cpu between ticks. I doubt my actual usage varies by 3-4x on ticks when my creep actions are similar.

• I have the same, CPU ranges from 2 up to 40 with very similar code execution. I think devs should focus on this since it is a major component in the game.

• We checked your account but could not reveal the problem you describe. You do have no creeps, but your CPU consumption currently does not exceed 10-15. It could be some temporary problem related to works on the server. If the issue repeats, please submit a request, and we'll try to track the problem individually.

As for pathfinding optimization, we plan to soon launch a test version of a pathfinding algorithm in native C++ code on the game server. In case everything is OK, it will make a great CPU boost for your scripts.

• That's some great news regarding pathfinding 🙂
    Speaking of spikes, I've got 11 notifications during last 14 hours. That's not a lot, but it's a bit disturbing. I'll submit a request if it'll be too bad.