Boosted Carry Weighs A Lot

• Culture

I have a creep with 6 carry and 3 move.

I boost all 6 carry parts with KH so they can carry 100 each, 600 total.

Now if I try to move on road I will have to wait every other tick.

If I don't boost the carry parts and try to move on road I can move every tick.

Is this working as intended?

• Culture

I should add that if this is intended then KH would effectively cost more than just adding a 2nd carry part since you'd still have to have the same amount of move and that's the only possible energy savings.

10 carry * 50 = 500

boost 10 carry = 500

cost of getting minerals/reactions/etc. = ~20 * 10 = 200

10 move * 50 = 500

Total cost of boosted creep = 1700

20 carry * 50 = 1000

10 move * 50 = 500

cost of extra spawning time = 30/1500 * 1500 = 30 (this is really sort of moot since the boosted creep also has to move to the labs and waste time doing that, but I'll give this situation the benefit of the doubt and assume the labs are immediately adjacent the spawner)

Total cost of normal creep = 1530

• Dev Team

Yes, this is intended. One boosted CARRY part works exactly as several CARRY parts without affecting MOVE mechanics. Besides all you have mentioned, you save a body part slot which can be used by another parts or to increase the total creep capacity.

Also, there is a mistake in your calculation:

boost 10 carry = 500

Boosting one body part costs 20 energy, not 50 as it has been on the PTR.

• Since I did not have the opportunity to test this very exhaustively - does the added weight apply to boosted body parts in general or only boosted carry parts?

• Culture

Only carry because its boosted ability (capacity) is the only one that affects fatigue gain in normal environments (empty ones weigh nothing vs full ones.) No other part affects fatigue dynamically.

• SUN

If that is the case, It might  be a good idea to fix the official documentation which explicitly states that fatigue is per part and doesn't mention capacity at all.

http://support.screeps.com/hc/en-us/articles/203022092-Creeps from end of july says

[quote]

Movement

Each body part has its own physical weight: the more parts a creep bears, the more difficult it is for it to move. Each body part (except MOVE) generates fatigue points when the creep moves: 1 point per body part on roads, 2 on plain land, 10 on swamp. Each MOVE body part decreases fatigue points by 2 per tick. The creep cannot move when its fatigue is greater than zero.

[/quote]

• NOTE: This is no longer the case - boosted CARRY now allows carrying more without generating extra fatigue. See:

(sorry, I know this is a really old thread, but it's still the first search result for "carry boost")

🤔