10k Buckets and I get an email on script timeout?

• YP

I don't have any idea why this keeps happening but my log shows me with an almost continuous 10k buckets and yet I still get an email once in a while telling me my scripts have been terminated. <boggle>

I even get a hard reset every other day or so.

• Culture

Even with a full bucket there are still limits to how much you can do each tick- you can use 500 cpu before hitting the limit.

• i have a similiar problem

With 3 rooms and around 15 creeps in each my CPU hovers around 15-25 and ocasionaly spikes up to 50 but it never goes above that from what ive seen, yet three times i recieved an email that my scripts got terminated. Im worried what will happen when i lvl up a bit.

• YP

As far as I can tell it's all in the move function.  I can't control how long the move function will suck cpu.  If a creep is blocked my cpu jumps.  If everyone is free and clear i'm at minimal cpu.

Not much I can do about it as I don't have access to their code.

• There are well documented cases where the Screeps server gets overloaded or otherwise locked up, and it starts telling you that you are using too much CPU.

There are other well documented cases where again the Screeps server is overloaded, and it starts charging you 5 CPU for a move (or other API) command instead of 0.2 CPU.

There is nothing you can do about it.  It is a problem with the server.  All you can do is ask the devs to fix it.  🙂