Flag.remove() doesn't work properly

• Culture

At all it seems.

• Dev Team

Please elaborate - what are you trying exactly, when, where, and what happens?

• Culture

I set a flag by hand with a specific name. Once it's purpose is done, the code attempts to do Flag.remove(). This never goes off and the flag continues to call the same code over and over until I remove the flag by hand.

I also tried calling Flag.remove() on the flag from the console and that didn't work either.

• Dev Team

Which room and flag ID exactly? Do you have visibility on this room?

• Culture

You don't need visibility in a room to remove flags do you? That would be a problematic restriction.

• Dev Team

You don't, but there could be some glitches in executing actions in inactive rooms with no user activity and objects except flags. We need to know that in order to test and reproduce.

• Culture

Yes it seems related to a lack of activity. I can turn on the room by observing it but it still takes a lot of ticks before the flags are removed through my code.

• Hi, just wanted to confirm that this still seems to be the case.

I tried to run:

for(var name in Game.flags) { console.log("Removing: " + name); Game.flags[name].remove();}

in the console after respawning and not all flags are removed. (I didn't keep track closely, but It would seem like all flags in active rooms were removed, while all or most flags in inactive rooms remained.)

Edit: I just noticed they are all gone. But I would estimate that there was at least 5-10 minutes before that happened, as I spend some time trying different things to remove them without success before posting here.

• This is still an issue.

In an inactive room it can take 10s of ticks to remove a flag.