Global Resets increasing (with suggestions for remediation)

• Culture

Last night there was a period of an an hour where there were 167 global resets (one every 6.1 ticks). If you include the hour before and the hour after there were 315 resets over 3262 ticks (or one every 10.3 ticks).

This has gone up quite a bit, and when a "reset storm" occurs there are far more resets than there used to be. 

My proposal, at least as a small measure until the underlying issue causing the cluster of resets is found and resolved, is to increase the bucket size to 20,000 cpu. This would make it easier for people to "weather the storm" so to speak without needing much in the way of programming from the game devs.

• Dev Team

Now all players are granted with full bucket when a global reset (i.e. when it involves all runtime nodes) happens.

• Thanks Artem! I really appreciate this change. It's really frustrating to see your bases shut down piece by piece while watching your bucket drop rapidly when the reason is beyond your control and difficult to pinpoint. This should help with the stress-levels 🙂

• Culture

Are you sure it's working? I looked at my statistics for the last few hours and it doesn't appear that my bucket has gone up after the global resets- in fact it appears that everything is behaving exactly as it was. 

• Culture

Okay, it's certainly working now. Thank you!

• Dev Team

Global resets happen every 6 hours currently.