Novice Walls

• Hello veteran screepers 🙂

I'm a new player and I must say that I really like the game so far! However, something was bothering me a bit : the 3 days novice protection.

My first try I spawned in a room with 3 days of protection, but my code had flaws and I died overnight. So far everything is alright : flaws in my code, aka my problem to deal with. But... I respawned thinking I'd have another 3 days to setup my basic code only to die again overnight :found the room history thingy and I was attacked as soon as the regular protection worn off. 

So I was thinking that maybe you should leave the 3 days protection everytime someone respawn until they reach GCL 2, that way they have a bit of breathing time to fix their code. because even in Novice area there are some higher GCL players that simply annihilates everyone in their space, which is very frustrating as a new player who's trying to setup without any protection. 

• Dev Team

The novice protection isn't an individual thing, it affects the whole sector (9x9 area). Here are some advices on how to choose more or less safe place to start:

1. Browse all of the borders and choose a sector with maximum novice area timer left. When new sector became available, it has almost one month of novice time. But,

2. Pay attention to the sectors next to yours. Use LOAN to find out which alliance control the sector. Use common sense to predict when they'll want to expand. Probably it's worth talking with them first to know their plans. But it's best to find a sector without aggressive alliance/strong unaffiliated players nearby.

3. You may notice that some sectors are half-green/half-grey. These sectors must be avoided at all costs because half-novice status means that the sector was completely wiped recently, which means you'll probably face with the guy who did that immediately after walls fall.

4. Explore every room in the sector. Lots of empty rooms with some infrastructure (walls, roads...) is usually a bad sign, ask yourself what happened to those who built this.

5. You want peace, you prepare for war. Learn the game, develop your room(s) as fast as you can, write battle code.

There. Following the advices could give you enough time to get used to the game. The rest is up to you. Good luck.

• Alright, I'll follow your advices, thansk for the info 🙂