Claim Part Boosting

• I dug around quickly and only saw a single topic about claim part boosting from around 3 years ago. I wanted to bring the conversation up again since quite a few things have changed since then.

Possible boosting options include

• Increase the amount of ticks removed from an enemy claim when using attackController
    • Increase the amount of ticks added to a friendly reserve when using reserveController
    • Decrease the cooldown on subsequent attacks when using attackController
    • Decrease the fatigue generated by claim parts
    • Increase the range of the actions enabled by the claim part

I understand that most of these options are quite powerful and the cost for these must be quite high to justify that. So the mineral paths I have chosen as a starting point should hopefully reflect that. Below are two different paths that could be used as starting points for the devs to balance with.

T1 Compound - 20 Tick cool down

• G2 = G + G or GHO = G + OH

T2 Compound - 40 Tick cool down

• G2HO = G2 + OH or GH2O2 = GHO + OH

T3 Compound - 160 Tick cool down

• XG2HO = X + G2HO or XGH2O2 = X + GH2O2

I know these formulas break the general conventions for mineral progression but I didn't want to create a new mineral that would have to be added somehow. There is also a good argument to use unprocessed power in here somehow instead of all minerals. That would again show that this is a powerful boost with a high cost.

Let me know what you all think!

• I've always thought that lack of boosts on CLAIM bits was a bit odd, but then, the entire part is a special snowflake in many terms (no renewal, reduced lifespan, no boosts). Although adding boosts would be an interesting idea.

• Increase the amount of ticks removed from an enemy claim when using attackController
    • Increase the amount of ticks added to a friendly reserve when using reserveController
    • Decrease the cooldown on subsequent attacks when using attackController

These three I'm all fine with, and don't see them breaking any game mechanics

• Decrease the fatigue generated by claim parts

This one's kinda.... weird. Personally, I don't see much use for it, since just slapping more MOVE parts on the creep, or boosting them, would nearly always be more efficient and cheaper.

• Increase the range of the actions enabled by the claim part

Now this one is a problem. A lot of code (for ramparts deployment, etc.) is built around the fact that any creep-controller interaction must be at melee range. This change would break it a lot.

All in all I think adding boosts to CLAIM parts might be an interesting addition.