Changing Regen_mineral

• It only regenerates little mineral, and does not work when mineral is depleted. Therefore it is almost useless at the moment. If we can make it also decrease ticksToRegenerate by 5/10/15/20/25 ticks (maybe more?) every 10 ticks when mineral is depleted, this power can actually be a valid choice.

• I'm more in favor of the power being reworked to reduce the extractor cooldown time.

I'm kinda reluctant to add even more minerals to the game. I think that is why the power is built as it now (on a minor increase in total mineral output).

The power as it sits is not useless, but very niche. The two ways I've seen it used:

• buff up a mineral that you don't want to mine at the moment. It essentially functions as a low throughput unlimited capacity mineral storage.
    • increase the mineral/tick that you can extract from a resource on average. In this case the theoretical maximum output is 1.1 with or without power assist. In practice you can't mine out a mineral fast enough to near 1.1. For reference a single 40 WORK miner nets about 0.98 minerals per tick. If you can fit 3 of those miners you get around 1.05. Using the power you can mine out the mineral in a few creep lifetimes and still get 1.09+ minerals per tick.

• "buff up a mineral that you don't want to mine at the moment. It essentially functions as a low throughput unlimited capacity mineral storage." I have had at one time a X resource have 2,000,000 in the deposit for safe storage for later time.

This is the only thing I've found this operate to be useful for.

Due to the inverse nature of boosted mineral harvesting vs operate mineral, this ability has a hard time being useful.