getUsedCapacity fast-cache causes double counting of resources

• I spent a few hours today tracking down why transfering with a specific amount was failing and I was able to isolate it to the fast cache that exists for Store.getUsedCapacity. It appears that after using the function in a tick, resources will then be double counted on the store object in a number of cases.

It looks like this may have been modified on PTR: https://github.com/screeps/engine/commit/9f00e3bdee4dfdb910e985ba1be78b58b1e7bd31

Repro steps:

1. Fill a container with 900 resources.
    2. On a container, use container.store.getUsedCapacity(null)
    3. Attempt to transfer 300 resources to the container.

Expected: Transfer from creep to container returns a success error code.

Actual: It will fail with ERR_FULL as utils.calcResources returns 1800 resources in the container instead of 900.

• Dev Team

@azaril Thanks for the report, we'll take a look

• Dev Team

@azaril said in getUsedCapacity fast-cache causes double counting of resources:

I just failed to reproduce the issue on production:

console.log(Game.getObjectById('5e5b559b2362ec3aa3081f16').store.getUsedCapacity(null));console.log(Game.creeps.combinedCharger_1616798503_49.transfer(Game.getObjectById('5e5b559b2362ec3aa3081f16'),'energy',300))

[10:56:26 AM][shard2]900

[10:56:26 AM][shard2]0

It returns OK and being executed successfully.

Using transfer without the third parameter while holding 300 energy works either.

Any idea what I might miss?

• I had only reproduced it on a local private server - I have not tried on production.

• Similar issues, but on local private server. I was using for...in on a Store object, and the key _sum appears before all other valid resources.

🤔