Steam client Chromium update

• Dev Team

@duckymirror It would be interesting to check the local storage. If you install the nwjs-sdk version using the link above, it can be accessed as usual from the Developer Console / Application / Local Storage. Try to identify whether there are some items that seem too big and may exceed the allowed capacity.

• @artch said in Steam client Chromium update:

@duckymirror It would be interesting to check the local storage. If you install the nwjs-sdk version using the link above, it can be accessed as usual from the Developer Console / Application / Local Storage. Try to identify whether there are some items that seem too big and may exceed the allowed capacity.

I am having this same issue as well, and only have 1 private server I connect to (and also 3 community servers + MMO)

Error: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'local:auth' exceeded the quota.

Looking at the storage, it appears that my current code (main.js) is stored at users.code.activeWorld, and every single change is logged to local:users.code.activeWorld I am unsure if this storage is searched, but of the 21 indexes it contains, 14 of them contain 650-700kb of data (main.js)

console log storage vars

I hope this information is helpful, if theres anything else I can provide let me know.

EDIT: As suspected, simply deleting the key local:users.code.activeWorld resolved this issue, however that is just a band-aid.

• I get the same error as @MaZDuR.

• Dev Team

We deployed a quick hotfix for that to Steam and will research it more carefully in future.

• I'm also not seeing the beta option.

I'm on MX linux (debian stable based).

I wished to try this version since I'm currently unable to open the developer console with any of Ctrl-Shift-J Ctrl-Shift-I Ctrl-Shift-C or F12

Maybe this isn't related to my issue, but I'm unable to try the beta in any case.

• Dev Team

@omnistegan This branch is now default, the beta is deactivated.