Steam client Chromium update

• @artch Yes I restarted steam, as well as the game client, during the beta client, also just tried it with the official client. still can't connect to a private server, not my local one, nor the SWC one 🙂

Now when I tried the beta, it worked for a while, untill it broke like this, then I swapped back to the official release instead of the beta, the game just updated now, and i'm stuck on this screen for private servers, I can connect to official fine.

• Dev Team

@thmsn Since I cannot reproduce this issue, I need some help to nail it down. Could you please do the following:

1. Download this https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.40.2/nwjs-sdk-v0.40.2-win-x64.zip
    2. Extract it to your Steam game client folder (something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps) replacing existing files.
    3. Launch and open developer console (F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I).
    4. Reproduce the error and check the console output.

• @artch Sure thing 0_1576863767873_4e865d42-67d9-4bde-9a57-3bc7127574e9-image.png

angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1 Error: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'local:auth' exceeded the quota. at Object.s.put (build.min.js?bust=1575144829168:1) at Object.t.set (build.min.js?bust=1575144829168:1) at build.min.js?bust=1575144829168:1 at angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1 at angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1 at l.$eval (angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1) at l.$digest (angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1) at l.$apply (angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1) at angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1 at C (angular.js?bust=1575144829168":1)

• Dev Team

@thmsn This looks very strange. Please try to make a full clean reinstall of the game:

1. Uninstall it from Steam.
    2. Remove the Steam game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps.
    3. IMPORTANT: Remove the folder %LocalAppData%\Screeps (like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Screeps).
    4. Install it again.

• @artch said in Steam client Chromium update:

%LocalAppData%\Screeps

Well, doing thoose steps, fixed it 🙂 guess we will never know what was wrong xD.

• Dev Team

@thmsn I believe you connected to so many different private servers that have exceeded localStorage capacity for auth credentials in Chromium somehow, and the new Chromium may have lower capacity, we need to research that.

• @artch I've been swapping between a few private servers, but it's been below 10 servers or something I think? - but yeah, more research is needed 🙂

• If you need somebody else for debugging, I have the same problem.

• Dev Team

@duckymirror It would be interesting to check the local storage. If you install the nwjs-sdk version using the link above, it can be accessed as usual from the Developer Console / Application / Local Storage. Try to identify whether there are some items that seem too big and may exceed the allowed capacity.

• @artch said in Steam client Chromium update:

@duckymirror It would be interesting to check the local storage. If you install the nwjs-sdk version using the link above, it can be accessed as usual from the Developer Console / Application / Local Storage. Try to identify whether there are some items that seem too big and may exceed the allowed capacity.

I am having this same issue as well, and only have 1 private server I connect to (and also 3 community servers + MMO)

Error: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'local:auth' exceeded the quota.

Looking at the storage, it appears that my current code (main.js) is stored at users.code.activeWorld, and every single change is logged to local:users.code.activeWorld I am unsure if this storage is searched, but of the 21 indexes it contains, 14 of them contain 650-700kb of data (main.js)

console log storage vars

I hope this information is helpful, if theres anything else I can provide let me know.

EDIT: As suspected, simply deleting the key local:users.code.activeWorld resolved this issue, however that is just a band-aid.

• I get the same error as @MaZDuR.

• Dev Team

We deployed a quick hotfix for that to Steam and will research it more carefully in future.

• I'm also not seeing the beta option.

I'm on MX linux (debian stable based).

I wished to try this version since I'm currently unable to open the developer console with any of Ctrl-Shift-J Ctrl-Shift-I Ctrl-Shift-C or F12

Maybe this isn't related to my issue, but I'm unable to try the beta in any case.

• Dev Team

@omnistegan This branch is now default, the beta is deactivated.