Local Server doesn't work though client GUI

• Dev Team

What is your OS?

• I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

• Dev Team

I can confirm that the Steam client for MacOS is bundled with the wrong server version. We're going to fix it ASAP. Meanwhile, you can install the standalone server package from npm: https://www.npmjs.com/package/screeps

• Ok thank you. I could already start a local server via docker. Anyhow, thank you for support.

• Dev Team

macOS and Linux distributions are updated with 4.0.5 version.

👍

• Hi @artch!

I'm not sure this is resolved. I was encountering the original issue the other day and then yesterday a new one popped up in its place.

I'm receiving the following error in engine_runner1.log:

Connecting to storage
    File `build/runtime.shapshot.bin` not found, using `build/runtime.bundle.js` instead
    Error: Invalid pathfinder binary
        at Object.init (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/@screeps/driver/lib/path-finder.js:43:15)
        at driver.getAllTerrainData.then (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/@screeps/driver/lib/runtime/make.js:28:31)
        at _fulfilled (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/q/q.js:854:54)
        at self.promiseDispatch.done (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/q/q.js:883:30)
        at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/q/q.js:816:13)
        at /Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/q/q.js:624:44
        at runSingle (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)
        at flush (/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Screeps/server/package/node_modules/q/q.js:125:13)
        at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:131:7)
        at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

There may be an issue with the 4.0.5 update.

• Dev Team

@carlcastello What is your OS?

• @artch macOS 10.14.6

• Dev Team

@carlcastello Could you please update your Steam client and try again?

• @artch Updated and seems to be working. Thanks so much!