Thank You Screeps

• I've been playing since July and have spent a LOT of time playing this game, and just wanted to express how grateful I am for this game and for the work that has been put into it.

Unlike with most games, I have learned a lot from playing this game. I knew (almost) no JavaScript when I started, and now I believe I'm pretty good at it, not to mention all of the general programming practices i've been able to improve upon by working together with and learning from other community members. I had never used node before and now I use it all the time. I've learned some more html and css and just recently I learned a lot about web requests and network debugging by trying to use various API features.

This is just a portion of the things I have learned while playing Screeps and it has all been really fun and exciting (when I wasn't spending all day tracking down a bug caused by a simple typo anyway).

Anyway I just wanted to express my appreciation. I'm sure there are a lot of others that feel the same way. Thanks for the awesome game and I can't wait for the planned features (yay power creeps!).

• I'm grateful for the opportunity to sharpen my JavaScript skills, which were very limited prior to starting Screeps.

I additionally thankful to the OCS community for their collaborative spirit and for being very patient with my limited project management experience. This has been an extremely valuable exercise in flexing those muscles.

• AYCE

+1, thanks guys, the game is great!

• Well said Helam!

This game has provided me with a unique experience. A blend of my obsession with gaming and my profession as a developer.

Throughout the past 10 months that I have played this game, I have had the opportunity to experiment with a number of different programming techniques and paradigms. This game has given me an excellent playground to test a large number of concepts which I would not have had the time to look into in my day to day job. My business has already profited greatly from the concepts which I have migrated from this game.

Lastly, I have to say I am grateful for the extraordinary community which makes up this game from which I have learned so much in so little time.

Thank you Screeps,
    Your ever loving fan
    Atavus

• I can really relate to this, I also didn't know a bit of javascript before I started, and I've gotten to the point where I actually feel competent with it. In the end it proved much more effective than any formal javascript course, and still felt like a game the whole time.

Also, the chance to talk about programming with people with much more experience has been amazing.