Battery Drain

• Half bug half feature request - my laptop can run Civ6 longer than it can run screeps 😉 Can we get a client side frame limit added to the render options?

⬆

• Dev Team

Could you please provide more details:

• your client, OS and GPU
    • display settings
    • a screenshot with renderer metrics

• Its not so much an unexpected behavior as it seems to be a result of running at full 60 FPS when screeps wouldn't really require it all the time. Giving the gpu & cpu more idle time by (optionally) limiting to a lower fps would save a ton of power.

OSX (unknown GPU), Windows (GTX 1080), Windows (Some mobile chipset), Windows (GTX 1080), Windows (GeForce 780)

screen shot with metrics + settings , similar on all machines

0_1514908512207_1faf4c80-cb0b-40bc-9928-8af7a13cb3a5-image.png

• I am also be very interested in a fps limit option. I would like to set it quite low for saving laptop battery life (the metrics say I am getting around 50 fps). The WebGL did not reduce the power needs of screeps as I hoped it would. It looks great though 😉

The settings I should choose for optimal performance would also very much interest me. But that will only help with the fps limit option I suppose.

I am using the steam client with MacOS Sierra and a Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB. 0_1516442926323_Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-20 um 11.07.18.png