I get a lot of lag and I don't think it's related to ticks... Help?

• Hello,

Ever since I've started playing this game, I've had weird hickups... Pretty often, the whole thing freezes, the CPU meter drops to zero and nothing happens on the screen. These hickups usually only last a couple of seconds, but sometimes they can be over 20 seconds long.

I've had issues with my WIFI network lately, so I thought that might be the issue. I setup a perpetual ping to google.com in a DOS window to see if I was loosing connection during these hickups and it appears I'm NOT loosing connection, as the pings remain very stable during these.

I'm on shard1.... and these are NOT long ticks because when it does unfreeze, I can see stuff happened and if I'm looking at a room with moving creeps, I see them pretty much rubberband to their new position.

At this point, I'm thinking it's either the server having these hickups (keeps ticking, but stop updating my client?), or something with my connection to the server itself (perhaps a routing issue). That said, I do not know what address to check for... Would screeps.com be it, or does the client backend somehow contact some other server I should look at?

Is anyone (perhaps everyone?) else having this issue... and if not, how would I go about solving this issue?

• Culture

@xsinx it's probably something with your connection that's causing the websocket to disconnect.