Can't log-in though the steam app.

• Basically whenever I try to log in to the steam app with this website account, I get the error "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again." I've already tried restarting my computer, steam, and the game as well.

• Windows + R
    type cmd then Enter
    then type ipconfig -flushdns Enter
    could resolve the propblem.

If not you could try to change your DNS adress to the google service 8.8.8.8 or OpenDNS 208.67.222.222
    (I use both for independent redundancy, tutorial )
    This helps your overall connection time off all applications, but might break complicated LAN settings if you have those.

• Dev Team

What do you mean by "log in to the steam app using this website account"? You can log in to the Steam game client only using your Steam account.

• @artch

I am experiencing a similar issue. I do not know if OP has exact same use case as me though.

For me, I recently purchased the game on Steam after already registering account on website. I am on new account page and the last option is "I have an account at screeps.com". When I select it, it prompts for E-mail or username and Password, very soon thereafter a window pops up indicating "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again."

I've tried @MrFaul suggestion but no success. I thought the cause might be because I use a VPN service while on the internet but after disconnecting from VPN, I still get message.

I hope this provides some insight. Also, let me know if you would prefer that I submit a separate ticket for tracking purposes. I figure that my issue is similar enough to not warrant another thread.

• @MrFaul I tried that now and I am still having the same problem

@artch I'm trying to log in to the screeps steam app with my screeps account (which was created on the website)

@Suwessi That is the issue I'm expirincing yes, I say I already have an account and put in my details and I get the pop-up. Sign-in then stalls.

• @ninjabob0 -

I figured it out. Here's what I did...

On screeps.com, go to account page. Then scroll down to the Steam heading. It will prompt for Steam credentials. Once linked, I opened the game in Steam and it worked.

I hope this helps with your issue.

• @suwessi

It worked! Thank you for the help 🙂

• Dev Team

This issue must be fixed now, please update your Steam game client.