Currupted db.json file

• Hi all,

so a friend was using my laptop and closed the lid when he was done, this caused my laptop to start going into sleep mode, when I realised what he did I ran and opened my laptop, and stopped the sleep process midway. This caused my laptop to freeze and crashed my server. Since then when I start my private server in the folder with "screeps start" it would get an error when trying to load storage. Can someone please help, this private server is my own private testing grounds, the server has been running more than 200 hours and some of my greatest achievements were on this server. Of course the db.json file is now so big the only thing that I can open it with is with vim.

• I am using ubuntu 17.10, using the open source private server that I cloned from github. I am technologically skilled, so please feel free to throw any possible solution at me please.

• YP

the database file is just a json file .. you can try to fix it but it most probably is corrupted somehow that you will loose your data... I think the logfile tells you where the problem in the json file is. I know it won't help you with the old file but you should do backups of the file or use a mod like screepsmod-mongo that uses a real database. the included "database" always dumps the whole data when saving it .. so it is not very performant or safe for much data.