CPU Bucket Not Working

• Culture

My scripts decided to go wonky and burn through my cpu bucket, however now the game seems to think my bucket is empty forever. Game.cpuLimit will only return the manually set CPU cap and no matter how much I attempt to save (like by turning off hardcore pathfinding) the bucket never comes back.

This also results in a ton of script timeouts (about ~10%) because the game is back to the old buffer mode instead of a bucket it seems like. I know the script can run fine without timeouts in bucket mode because it did for more than a day on its own.

• I had a similar bug as well. I ran in a CPU cap, and after that my script never recovered, even after setting the limit to 300, every consecutive tick I ran in the timeout without not even a single creep moving (while with 300 CPU, at least some of the creeps should move). After killing all creeps, it went back to normal.

• Yeah, for me the Game.cpuLimit is allways my cpu limit I set to the game (max 300). This was, I think, from yesterday (I am monitoring this allways from console). Before it was almost allways on 500. I think they disabled the bucket thing?

• Culture

Is this issue being looked at?

• We've made some changes in the bucket accumulation system. Please report here any issues you encounter.

• Culture

It started working shortly after your comment and I had no issues until just now when suddenly it seems like it emptied itself and refuses to grow. I upped my CPU limit from 75 to 90 and still nothing. Now it seems even worse since the buffer doesn't even turn on so if my script goes over even just once it times out.

Here's a picture. The warning text outputs what Game.cpuLimit is showing. It's at the very end of my script so if it times out the warning text won't appear.

Image of Console output

• Culture

It seems like it decided I was worthy and turned itself back on.

Quite strange it doesn't react immediately.