Better Borders

• Rather then having this odd system where you stand on a border and get alternated between maps each tick, why can't we have a system where if you use creep.move(LEFT) on the left-most edge of a map, you move to the other map?
    It can't be too cpu intensive to check if a unit is in the destination spot before allowing a valid move - at least no more intensive then a normal check. The current system is pretty difficult to work with, and requires strange workarounds, due to the combination of the switching mechanic and the fatigue system.

• Or, just have arriving creeps not appear on top of the border in the destination room. Just have them show up on the tile next to the border.

• Yeah, Vertigan, I agree completely, that would also be a good compromise.

• The reason it is implemented the way it currently is is because without the switching, it would be possible to completely block the border on the other side by simply making a line of creeps stand directly against the border.

• I did realise that - and it's a fairly easy fix.

Option 1: Leaving a map switches places with a creep in a position that would "block" a border.

Option 2: Moving from edge -1 to edge moves maps, new units appear on the edge.
    Example:
    Say you are on the edge at (1, 1) - the act of moving to (0,1) moves you to the next map, and you will appear on (49, 0) on the next map - which makes the edges of the maps unwalkable unless you're coming from a different map, any movement that would result in an edge square moves you to the next map.

Other work arounds that are better then the current system are also available - but that's just my opinion 🙂