Web API, up-to-date information

• Is the community intended to be able to access more than just source code via an external API?

I found some information on GitHub, but it appears to be out of date. I'm not able to get an auth token by submitting name/password via POST, but I looked at the Grunt code and was able to fetch my source by including user/pass in the request header instead.

I'm most interested in access to the console output.

• you certainly can access console output via websockets. basically, everything the web client shows, you can access by reverse engineering what the client does. I don't know if we're intended to be able to do that, but we certainly do. I have my own read-only console script, and I think it was tedivm who published a more complex one that you can also write commands with like the ingame console. just look around the forums or ask in IRC/Slack.

• Culture

There is no official API, but we've put together a python client so we could built a few community apps. As Amadox mentioned we have a standalone console, and there are a few different statistics programs.

Join #screepers on Slack and we can get you up to date.