CPU Usage up since last night's update

• I've been keeping a close eye on my CPU, and just recently stabilized it with my (rather CPU-expensive) logging module turned on to the point where my bucket was always topped off or close to it.

Since the update/outage this morning, this has changed.  Now my bucket gets slowly drained with my logging module on, and I have to turn it off or else I get "Script execution has been terminated: Temporary blocked due to CPU limit abusing. Please optimize your script in order to prevent reaching the CPU limit too often."

My code hasn't changed in a significant way in 3 days (I only if/else'd out some code that doesn't need to run unless the room is a certain RCL), so what's changed on the server's end that could have caused this?

• FWIW I have noticed that the server often seems to have background processes that consume CPU. Since the method they use for measuring our CPU usage is to check how much real time it takes, it is highly succeptible to incorrect measurements.

As I use every bit of CPU available, I really notice when this happens, like you do.

My strategy has been to start disabling some less important part of the code when the bucket drops so that this situation isn't catastrophic. I think that's about all you can do.

• Culture

I'm also noticing a huge change in CPU usages since the update last night.

This graph illistrates it well. The dark purple represents when my code has to run a "smoothing burst" (it adds CPU to the limit it gives itself to make up for garbarge collection or something else that uses a lot of CPU). As you can see before the update this was run regularly, but that it greatly increased after the update that was made this morning.

I have other graphs that show similar performance changes- whatever happened this morning really reduced the amount of CPU that we all have available to use for ourselves during each tick.

• Xist, that's my strategy too.  Logging is the first thing to go, that's 15-20 CPU freed up when that is turned off.

It seemed to settle down the 2nd day, and I was under control with logging on again... until I nabbed another room for remote mining ^_^