I want to be better

• Hi, I'm new to this game that i played for about a week and it's amazing. I making progress in understanding play process and already wrote some script to make my colony live and evolving. And, i really want to be better in this game, i want to make something that will work good and well. So, i asking u for some help. Please give me some really good tutorials u know or maybe some interesting tips & triks.

Happy playing)

👍

• I recommend checking out the screeps slack #help Beyond that, set yourself clear goals that other players have. Remote mining, autoexpand, combat, etc

• This post is deleted!

• @kit_gamer said in I want to be better:

already wrote some script to make my colony live and evolving. Happy playing)

Scrape the insides of your imagination and read lots of internet for ideas. ☕

@davaned said in I want to be better:

Remote mining, autoexpand, combat, etc

As a non life-time player (atm), these are very CPU heavy ways of play. Right now, I'm with 12 rooms(no reservations), running around 50 creeps with very little CPU left for advancing. Had some ideas for lowering CPU cost, but I would have to respawn all over.

• @detox I assume you are in shard3. My suggestion (and what I did), colonize through a portal into one of the uncapped cpu shards.

• @sneaky_polar_bear said in I want to be better:

@detox I assume you are in shard3. My suggestion (and what I did), colonize through a portal into one of the uncapped cpu shards.

You, sir, are correct. I actually did try it, but it's too advanced for me atm. It's already heavy enough with current coding. Which get's me back to my original thought (recode everything), could aswell respawn directly into a non-limited shard. Experience-wise 50/50 (recode entirely or code into another shard).

• @Detox I'd recommend trying out some form of autobuild, it'll make your respawn way less painful. Tbh if what you really want is some non-cpu limited dev time spawning into a private server to work on stuff is pretty effective.

• @davaned said in I want to be better:

@Detox I'd recommend trying out some form of autobuild, it'll make your respawn way less painful. Tbh if what you really want is some non-cpu limited dev time spawning into a private server to work on stuff is pretty effective.

Both very valid points. ☕

@detox said in Podcast about the unidentified Screeps player found dead in a tent.:

@jnark

Always good to bump up a little creepy.paste. Just in case. ♀

The amount of IQ in this post is beginning to smell.

planning on making an Android Game that would use the Screeps servers as a back end using the Screeps APIs

mine cryptos on the Screeps servers with extra CPU time

Right there:

baffled/impressed that he would write all this out on paper.

• @detox said in I want to be better:

@kit_gamer said in I want to be better:

already wrote some script to make my colony live and evolving. Happy playing)

Scrape the insides of your imagination and read lots of internet for ideas. ☕

@davaned said in I want to be better:

Remote mining, autoexpand, combat, etc

As a non life-time player (atm), these are very CPU heavy ways of play. Right now, I'm with 12 rooms(no reservations), running around 50 creeps with very little CPU left for advancing. Had some ideas for lowering CPU cost, but I would have to respawn all over.

So I'm getting back to this point, I noticed a major gap on my CPU usage. Spent some time checking, re-checking and re-re-checking my codes and came to the conclusion of recycling source-harvesting creeps since most of the time my storages are filled(as I mentioned), and apparently my price's are too high or players aren't active enough on the market.

global.clearance = function(discount){

let orders = Game.market.orders;

for(let order in orders){
           let price = (discount)?(orders[order].price - orders[order].price * discount):(orders[order].price);
           Memory.rooms[orders[order].roomName].discounting = (discount)?(true):(false);
           Game.market.changeOrderPrice(orders[order].id, price);
       }

let msg = '[ ' + Game.shard.name + ' ]: ';

msg += (discount)?('Hosting clearance, * ' + discount +'.'):('Clearance over.');
       return msg;

}

Now, since I've recycled some creeps, it left me quite an amount of CPU(a drop of roughly 5-10). Which leaves me pondering, should I go for more rooms, or, try expanding my codes(such as an automated power acquirement script, which has been on my to-do thoughts for a while now)? ☕ 🍔 ⭐