Creep names available to other players

• Culture

I found out through a reddit thread that the creep names are actually available to all players, not just the player who owns the creep. It seems that this information is sent to the browser, and from my understanding some people have managed to alter their clients (either with console injection or tampermonkey) so that those names are visible to them.

This is a huge advantage for players that do it- they can see the different roles of creeps and use that to make decisions. 

I think this hole either needs to be plugged (stop sending the info to the game client) or made official (let all players see all creep names). 

• Excellent find.

For consistency reason it would make sense for this information to be private, although I wouldn't mind having it public either as it would add another layer of complexity to decision making.

• Culture

I would also prefer that the hole be closed, but since I haven't looked at the code I don't know how difficult that would be. So my preference is to close it, but I would be happy if this issue was resolved in either of the ways discussed.

• I think either way would be fine, but I would prefer hole plugging as well. Just seems that is what is "intended".

• I'd also prefer the hole to be closed. Not to mention fixing it will likely save a smidge of server bandwidth too, which is never a bad thing.

• could you provide the link to the reddit thread?

• Culture

Here's the chrome extension which lets you see them - https://github.com/stybbe/Screeps-SC