Posts made by Murphlaw
RE: Node.js version specified in the documentation is not the same version which is probably used. posted in Technical Issues and Bugs
RE: creep.upgradeController() == OK
could this be related to the simultaneous excecution of creep actions? Does your creep execute
dropin the same tick?
If I understand the documentation correctly, then it would fit exactly your described behaviour, because you are getting
upgradeController, but the actual executed action will be one with higher priority.
If you try to execute all the dependent methods within one tick, only the most right one will be executed. Each attempt means a correct execution returning the OK result.
RE: Ideas for next seasons
Hold the Spot
- randomly single spots or spot clusters appear
- standing on one with your creep gives you a point per tick
- spots decay over time
- randomly torches appear
- torch needs to be pulled to the center
- torch can only be pulled for 100 ticks by a single player
- all involved players get a point when torch is handed in
The Great Gatherings
- random (highway) rooms are marked as gatherings
- every creep saying "42" gets a point multiplied by the number of different players in the room
- gatherings can have invaders or even strongholds
Meet and Greet
- every creep meeting and greeting another's player creep gets a point
- greeting means to be near another creep and to say "howdy"
- a random player is marked as "the hunter"
- a creep of the hunter needs to get in range 10 of another players creep to capture it
- captured creeps can not be captured again
- after a while or when 10 creeps are captured the hunter gets a point for each captured creep