Error Launching Server

• I've tried launching the server from the CLI and from the GUI in game but keep getting errors like

Cannot find module 'D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Screeps\server\modules\driver-local\lib\index'

I've changed the directory names to match what it is looking for but I still get a whole bunch of errors. I'm doing this on Windows, should it just be plug and play for the server or do I need to dive into the code?

• Dev Team

Could you please copy-paste the full error stack message here?

• From backend, engine_main and all others but storage:

Error: Cannot find module 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps\server\modules\backend-local\bin\start.js'

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:455:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:403:25)
    at Module.runMain (module.js:590:10)
    at run (bootstrap_node.js:402:7)
    at startup (bootstrap_node.js:157:9)
    at bootstrap_node.js:521:3
    module.js:457
    throw err;
    ^

From storage:

TypeError: require(...) is not a function
    at files.forEach.file (D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps\server\modules\common\lib\config-manager.js:17:64)
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at Object.exports.load (D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps\server\modules\common\lib\config-manager.js:14:11)
    at Object.module.exports.start (D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps\server\modules\storage\lib\index.js:42:26)
    at Object.<anonymous> (D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps\server\modules\storage\bin\start.js:2:25)
    at Module._compile (module.js:556:32)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:473:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3)
    Loading mods in 'mods'
    - 2.js
    D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Screeps\server\modules\common\lib\config-manager.js:17
    require(path.resolve(process.env.MOD_DIR+'/'+file))(config);
    ^

• Dev Team

It seems that you have very outdated server version. Actually I believe this version should have not been released even. Could you please tell what’s the contents of your D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Screeps\server\package.json file? And please re-install your Steam Screeps package after that.