We need information on Factories

• Currently power creeps can get a power that "operates factories", but yet there is zero information on what a factory is, or what this power does. How am I supposed to plan out my Operator's powerset when there's a mystery ability that could turn out to be incredibly useful?

🏭

• Well, you're not supposed to be able to perfectly optimize it now, are you? So, don't. You are aware of the saying "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." do you not? In the words of Yoda, "Patience will you have, illusion of control, you need not."

I'm in the same boat as you, so let's think about this. Factories are not unique, clearly any room level 7 or above room can get one. As such, it's a rocking good bet that you don't NEED a PC to use the structure. It will work by itself just fine, just like all the other structures.

If the Factory turns out to be a "Holy Moley! I SO NEED THESE!" building, and I expect it will... due to the tendency of designers to make the new sexy better than the old sexy... Simply build one in every level 7 and 8 room. Again, this has nothing to do with the PCs. If getting OPERATE_FACTORY is super good, use one of your 30 redos to reset the powers.

Me? I've concluded that GENERATE_OPS, OPERATE_EXTENSIONS, OPERATE_SPAWN, OPERATE_STORAGE, and OPERATE_SOURCE is the way to go for the first, general use PC. If new data says that's wrong? I'll use the redo.

• Dev Team

The draft concept of factories is now being developed. We'll publish it on the forum as soon as it's ready.