Defining the Amount of Sources in a Room

• Is there a way to define the amount of sources in a room? If I can then I can spawn an appropriate number of creeps for each source.

• Can't you just call something like .find(FIND_SOURCES).length to determine the number of sources in a room?

• Maybe you could try

let source = creep.room.find(FIND_SOURCES)
    let NumberOfSources = source.length

• That works!

if (numberOfDrills < source.length)
    {
        name = Game.spawns.Spawn1.createCreep([WORK,WORK,MOVE], undefined, {role: 'Driller'});
    }

• @gankdalf Ill see what I can do about your code but I'm going for a way to define the amount of sources and use it anywhere in my code.

• Define 'sources' as a proporty/function on the Room object by extending it. Up to you if you want to return the actual sources, or the length of the array...

• So the code only seemed to work for a little bit and when I came back it didn't work. I assume its because I didn't spawn any creeps and the creep.room.find(FIND_SOURCES) couldn't be defined without any creeps spawned.

• Just keep that in mind

• Yes, you would need to get the room some other way, since no creeps exist you obviously can't use creep. ... whatever.

You can get it with Game.rooms[roomName] or any other method for getting the room. The only requirement is that you have vision of the room, which doesn't require creeps.