Steam Client Becoming Unresponsive - Currently Unusable For Me

• The steam client goes completely unresponsive the moment the server CPU usage jumps to 30/30 (and the CPU bar turns red), which happens for me right now about every 30 seconds or sooner. At that time it stays perpetually "locked up" though I do not think the client itself has crashed.

Some minor refreshes happen to some parts of the interface every 15-45 seconds e.g. the CPU bar will change but stay red (most of the time?).

Using the web client, when the server CPU usage goes to 30/30, the web client stays responsive and continues as normal. At most there's a 20 millisecond "chug"/delay/hiccup.

There seems to be a corresponding and significant increase in local PC CPU utilization at the same time that the server-side CPU goes to 30/30, both in the web client and the steam client, though I think the steam client stays stuck in this state and remains at a high local utilization. I know this because of the corresponding increase in fan speed at those times. I also opened up Windows performance monitor and saw overall significantly higher local CPU utilization during the unresponsiveness in the steam client. The process that increases utilization is nw.exe (nwjs) (from 15% to 27% on a four-core system).

This is on shard2.

Is there something I can do to resolve this issue?

• Dev Team

We have never received a bug report like this. Could you please record a video screencast reproducing this issue?

Also, what is your Windows version and GPU? Do you have all system and driver updates installed? Have you tried to disable antivirus software?