Steam version not working

• The game hangs on loading screen, since today.

• It's working now, the update install take too long for some reason, and there was no message about updating the game.

• @zolcsika Do you still remember how long you had to wait?

I'm having the hanging loading screen too. I might have not waited long enough before but when I saw this message, I decided to give one more try. I've waited for at least 4 hours now 🙂

(I've also tried to reinstall screeps/steam and wipe all files related to them. I'm running on ubuntu 16.04 64bit)

• I popped over to the steam downloading page and it said "content file locked". I had just closed notepad++ which locks all it's open files and click the little icon on the right hand of the download to try again and it finished updating. Wonder if any of that's relevant to your situation.

• Thanks WarInterval! I closed my editor (WebStorm) and re-installed and everything works now. I did not get any warning previously though.

• In my case this is a fresh install and so I haven't ever opened any files inside steam/screeps directories. I also tried to find open files with lsof, I only found handles which steam was holding... I'm trying to wait for the loading screen to finish - whatever it's doing 😛 I got a screeps steam client update, so I'll give it a chance to load 🙂 I also tried to find some useful log files, but didn't find those. I bet there is a way to increase log level, but I don't know how to do it...

• Anyone find out why the loading screen is stuck?

My OS X version seems okay but when I loading with win 10 it freezes.

• @kamakazi said in Steam version not working:

Anyone find out why the loading screen is stuck?

My OS X version seems okay but when I loading with win 10 it freezes.

Ran it with administrative mode. Works now 🙂

• Close all the Steam tasks in the background will resolve the issue.