Getting logged off and editor in new window

• So, I was editing my script within the in-game editor, opened in a new window. After a while, I came back to the game window to see the changes, and I just found myself disconnected from the game, and prompted to log in again. I did so and saw that the recent changes to my script were not saved.

• It's way easier to just develop locally, easy to avoid such issues while still having the choice to (temporally) play with the code online.

Just a terminal, git, your favorite editor (for me atom is fine atm) and node is more than enough to do this stuff locally in a more stable environment.

Just read this article to upload your stuff (mostly being code I guess) to the game: http://support.screeps.com/hc/en-us/articles/203022512-Commiting-local-scripts-using-Grunt

• Thanks for the reminder, but I'm already developing locally with grunt. I was indeed playing with the ingame editor to try something new, with the console and memory just a click away when the problem occured. I just wanted to point this out.

• Looks like we still really do need a very good editor even with a very good local editor 😉