Console input length limit

• There seems to be a limit to the length of a line entered in the console. If the line has more than 142* characters, no response of any kind is given.

This limit makes it hard to enter some data (e.g. lists of allied players) into memory. I realize I could include them in my code or add them at compile time, but I prefer to keep data outside of code.

I would expect either a larger limit (e.g. 1000 characters) or at least some error message on the console when you hit the limit.

What's interesting: this only happens in the browser version (Firefox 52.0 on macOS 10.12.3), not in the steam client.

* the exact number seems to vary depending on the structure of the command, 142 may be off-by-one. You can test values with the code below (equals 142), which will output its total length:

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".length+12

• Culture

I've never noticed this in chrome.

• I also use Chrome, and I paste in truly massive JS snippets into the console to run adhoc reports.  Never had an issue with it.

I do notice that Screeps breaks miserably on Edge, so it's possible there are similar problems with Firefox.