Game is too broken.

• Nice idea, but this game is clearly too early in development to actually play. The list of bugs and problems people have is massive - with very little response from anybody.

I thought I'd try out the game. Attempted the free tutorial, but as soon as I completed my "road", nothing happened. The "you can always click here to show the tutorial" button does nothing when clicked.

I thought perhaps the tutorial was broken, so I created an account to play in the "real world". After clicking the email validation link in my email, it asked me to login. I entered the same username and password I created just moments earlier, and it told me my credentials were invalid!

I eventually managed to login via github. Thought I'd try the tutorial again, but this time when I finished my road - nothing happened, again. The creeps carried on mining resources for a while, the tutorial button did nothing, and after a while the creeps just sorta, gave up. Stopped moving.

I continued to see logging messages in the console and what-not, so I know the game wasn't frozen... but if this is the kind of experience I can expect, there's no way I'm paying money for it.

Perhaps hold off on advertising/marketing until you've got an application that works past the first few steps of the tutorial.

• The tutorial may be broken, but the actual game world works with few if any issues.

• The tutorial has one issue currently. It’s not a bug, but a small disadvantage. It’s likely that you zoomed in the game field and walked through the tutorial viewing only the central part of a room. However, after the building road step, the next move is fighting an opponent in the upper part of the room and the tip is shown exactly there (at the exit point). To see it, just zoom out the map and move your screen up the room.

I agree that this not very evident. We plan to fix it very soon.

As for the registration, we had server issues a couple of days ago, and you might be attempting to sign up right then. Now everything works well.

I want to underscore that the game has dozens of active players with successfully working scripts, and many people successfully complete the tutorial each day. If you experience any individual problems, please feel free to submit a request, we’ll do our best to address it ASAP.

Also please note that many errors reported on this forum have roots in syntax and other errors in the players’ scripts rather than the Screeps code. Unfortunately, we can’t provide full support in all such cases, but it’s exactly what the community is for.

• looks like a classical PEBKAC to me...

• I was just offering feedback of my experience, no PEBKAC here; although, thank you for your clearly valuable input.

My login with username/password continues to fail with the credentials used when creating the account. I managed to complete the tutorial on my 3rd try last night. I continued to run into issues - things like setting memory via the UI instead of code took multiple attempts (repeating the exact same steps) before a "Save" (clicking the tick) actually persisted the value.

It definitely looks like a nice game, but again: not worth paying for until it's out of beta.

• My login with username/password continues to fail with the credentials used when creating the account. I managed to complete the tutorial on my 3rd try last night.

As I said, registration did not work for some time. It’s likely that your account was just not created. Please register it again. In case of further problems please submit a request. We cannot provide support in such confidential matters on a public forum.

• Most, if not all the functionalities you will actually need for playing the game works really well. If you have ever played other MMO, your playing experience with screeps should not be worse than playing with WoW/Eve, and should be better than most other 2nd tier AAA games. Using the memory tab is one of those things that should probably have warning of "not recommended" due to various limitations.