Game eating up RAM and disk usage

• Hi, I have a big problem here 😕 the game seems to eat up all of my RAM and makes my HDD work overtime.

PC specs
    Windows 10
    AMD 3.5ghz 6 core
    16 gb ram
    Nvidia GeForce 970 gtx

• I have not had this issue at all. Can you bring up your task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), click on More Details, and check which processes are using the most RAM and Hard Drive bandwidth (you can click on the column name to sort the biggest hogs to the top)? I highly doubt it is Screeps.

• Both myself and a friend have experienced the screeps Steam client running very "hot" CPU-wise on Mac OSX machines. Seems to become quite sluggish and unresponsive over the course of an hour or so (e.g. code editor lag, interactive console lag). The game seems to run much more efficiently and consistently in a Chrome browser window.

• Same issue on Windows machine with nwjs.exe - game runs extremely sluggish and utilizes ~30% CPU.

Note that for me, I experience this only in simulation mode, and I'm getting ~4ms  timings on just my script, not to mention the rest of screeps code which takes about 2,000ms. (My script normally takes ~1ms in browser). This can be resolved by restarting the game on Steam, but it quickly ramps up after just a few iterations.

Windows 7

Intel 3.2Ghz 4 Core H/T core-i5

8GB RAM

nVidia GTX 1080

Running it in the Chrome Browser is much faster and less resource hungry, but I love my Steam trading cards 😕

• Same problem here !

I've no problem on my Desktop PC (Windows 10) but when I try to play on my Macbook the game eat up too many CPU (more than 100%).

I've try to play through Steam client, Google Chrome browser or Safari browser...

Any ideas to understand why I have this problem ? 😞

Thanks !